home Local News Renazé: House Completely Ravaged by Fire

Renazé: House Completely Ravaged by Fire

A fire broke out in a house in Renazé, in the south of the department, in the night of Wednesday to Thursday. The cause is accidental.

One house was completely destroyed by fire on the night of Wednesday to Thursday, situated at chemin de Longchamp in Renazé (53).

The inhabitant of this home, a woman aged 71, was awakened around 1 am by crackling noises. This was the noise from the insert wood fire, which was left operating, which caused the fire.

Firefighers from Renazé, Craon, Château-Gontier arrived on scene at approximately 1.30am, with three fire hoses. At that time, the house was already fully ablaze.

The neighbouring terraced house would also have suffered some damage.

The resident of the house was relocated in the night with neighbours.

No casualties were reported.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.