home General News Survey: 62% of French satisfied with Macron, 55% with Philippe

Survey: 62% of French satisfied with Macron, 55% with Philippe

The popularity of the new president Emmanuel Macron reached 62%, and his Prime Minister Édouard Philippe 55%, according to an Ifop poll published Sunday in the JDD.

To the question “Are you satisfied or dissatisfied with Emmanuel Macron as president? “, 12% answered “very satisfied” and 50% “somewhat satisfied” and 62% of total “satisfied” . Conversely, 20% said they were “somewhat dissatisfied” and 11% “very dissatisfied” , totaling 31% of “disgruntled” . 7% have not spoken.

By comparison, François Hollande gathered at the beginning of his mandate 61% satisfied (in May 2012), Nicolas Sarkozy 65% ​​(in May 2007), Jacques Chirac 51% (in May 2002) and 59% (in May-June 1995) .

When asked in the same way on their appreciation of Edward Philip as Prime Minister, 5% said they were “very satisfied” and 50% “somewhat satisfied”, thus totaling 55% “satisfied”.  Conversely, 18% said they were “somewhat dissatisfied” and 6% “very dissatisfied” , totaling 24% “dissatisfied” . 21% have not spoken.

By comparison, Bernard Cazeneuve collected at the beginning of his mandate 51% satisfied (in December 2016), Manuel Valls 58% (in April 2014), Jean-Marc Ayrault 65% (in May 2012) and François Fillon 62% (in May 2007).

Survey conducted by telephone interview on 19 and 20 May, with a sample of 973 people representative of the French population aged 18 and over, by the quota method. The margin of error is 3%. The lessons of the survey do not reflect a state of opinion at the moment of its realization.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.