Fire detectors save family of four.

Fire in Pornic. Smoke Detectors Save Family

Local News
Fire detectors save family of four.
The fire started in the garage and quickly spread to the rest of the house. | Ouest-France.

The house burned in the night from Tuesday to Wednesday in Pornic. The family was awakened by smoke detectors.

It was about 3.30 am on Wednesday morning when smoke detectors were triggered in this house dating from the 90s and located in a place called the Lassière, in Pornic.

The fire started in the garage and quickly spread to the rest of the house.  Thanks to the sensors of the smoke detectors, the family of four – a couple, their daughter and son – could quickly leave.

The mother was slightly burnt and suffered smoke inhalation after trying to save the family car from the flames.   Another occupant was also slightly intoxicated.  They were transported to the hospital in Saint-Nazaire.

Map of Pornic
The house burned in the night from Tuesday to Wednesday in Pornic. | Google Maps

“The smoke detectors have saved them, commented a firefighter on site.  It also gave them valuable minutes to escape and then contact the fire services quickly, which limited the damage to the property. ”

One half of the house burned.  Firefighters, who came from Pornic and La Bernerie-en-Retz, remained in place until 7.30am  Wednesday morning.  The family will be relocated by the city of Pornic.

Fire in Pornic. Smoke Detectors Save Family 1

(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)

Leave a Reply

avatar
  Subscribe  
Notify of