A further rise in the price of cigarettes will take place on 2nd July, 2018. This increase will vary between 10 and 30 cents and will apply to certain brands.
After an adjustment of the price of tobacco in April, a further increase of cigarettes is planned on the 2nd July, 2018, in accordance with a decree published in the Journal Officiel on Saturday 9th June, 2018.
But beware: this price increase will affect only a few brands of cigarettes , namely those that are today the cheapest.
Thus, packs at € 7.50 can go to € 7.70 or € 7.80.
Which brands will increase?
At the top of the podium, in terms of price, there are Marlboro Red (8 hours) and Camel Filters (7.90 euros). For the latter, the price of the package will remain unchanged.
For others, the increase will be between 10 and 30 centimes as evidenced by these few examples:
- Benson & Hedges Original Red in 20 units: from € 7.50 to € 7.80
- Winston Authentic in 20 units: from € 7.70 to € 7.80
- Winston Classic in 20 units: from € 7.70 to € 7.80
- Winston Connect Blue in 20 units: from 7, 60 € to 7,70 €
- Lucky Strike Blue select in 20 units: 7,60 € to 8 €
- Lucky Strike Gold Classic in 20 units: from € 7.50 to € 8.10
- Pall Mall Red Classic: from € 7.50 to € 8.10
- Rothmans Bleu Select in 20 units: € 7.60 to € 8
- Vogue The classic blue essential in 20 units: € 7.50 to € 8.10
- Winfield Rouge Select in 20 units: 7,60 € to 8 €
A connoisseur of the sector, quoted by the Huffington Post , states:
“There are few changes except in references that had targeted a low ceiling during the previous tariff revision.”
When will the package cost 10 euros?
This is the fourth tobacco price revision since the arrival of the Macron government. Objective: 10 euros per pack of 20 cigarettes by November 2020.
These adjustments are part of the 2018-2022 national health strategy aimed at reducing the number of smokers in France.
Find the full tariffs in the Official Journal