The attacks, claimed by the Islamic State of Barcelona and Cambrils injured 120 people and killed 14 people. These victims are thirty different nationalities. 30 people of French origin were affected and five are in serious condition.
The victims of the double attack, claimed by the jihadist group Islamic State, which left at least 14 dead and 120 injured Thursday and Friday in Catalonia (northeastern Spain) are more than thirty nationalities. The Spanish Civil Protection was among victims of state, also Spanish nationals, those of Germany, Algeria, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Morocco, Canada, China, Colombia, Cuba, Ecuador, Egypt, United States, Philippines France, Great Britain, Greece, Netherlands, Taiwan, Honduras, Romania, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Kuwait, Macedonia, Mauritania, Pakistan, Peru, Dominican Republic, Turkey and Venezuela. Other countries, including Portugal, have also reported casualties among their citizens.
Victims of Barcelona
– France: 30 French were injured, 5 of which are “in serious condition”, but “everything suggests that this figure is final and that there will be no French deaths”, according to the French Minister Foreign Affairs Jean-Yves Le Drian.
Sixteen of the injured were discharged from the hospitals where they were treated and 14 were still hospitalized in facilities in the Barcelona area, said the statement.
– Spain: three Spaniards were identified among those killed on the Ramblas, in the Generalitat (Catalan executive).
– Italy: three Italians were killed. Carmen Lopardo, aged 80, also from Argentina after emigrating to this country for over 60 years, was on holiday in Barcelona, the Argentine Foreign Ministry. According to Rome, the other two are Bruno Gulotta, 35, of Legnano near Milan, killed while holding her 5 year old son by the hand, and Luca Russo, 25, who lived at the foot of the Dolomites and was holiday in Barcelona with girlfriend herself hurt.
– Argentina: Argentina a 40, also of Spanish nationality, died by the Argentine Foreign Ministry. Silvina Alejandra Pereyra lived in Barcelona for a decade.
– Canada: A Canadian was killed, according to Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.
– Belgium: Belgian from Tongeren (city in the Flanders region) was killed. She was on a family vacation in Barcelona.
– Portugal: Portuguese two came on holiday were killed, a young woman of 20 and her grandmother 74 years the region of Lisbon, according to the Portuguese Government.
– US: US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson announced “the death of an American citizen” . – Germany / Greece: at least 13 Germans have been injured, some “are fighting for their lives”, according to the spokesman of the German Ministry of Foreign Affairs Martin Schäfer. Two Greek-German children were slightly injured, according to the Greek Honorary Consulate in Barcelona.
– Britain: “several” Britons were injured, according to the Prime Minister Theresa May citing information about a missing child would have British nationality and that of a country that did not specify.
– Ireland: a couple and their two children were hit, the father and his five year old son are still hospitalized, according to the Irish Department of Foreign Affairs.
– Canada: four Canadians were wounded according to Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.
– Morocco: three Moroccans were wounded, including a six year old who is “in critical condition” , according to the Moroccan Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
– Algeria: three Algerians traveling in Spain are in stable condition and “should leave the hospital shortly” , according to the daily El Moudjahid quoted the spokesman of the Foreign Ministry.
– Italy: Three Italians were injured, the girlfriend of a man killed, in Rome.
– Netherlands: Dutch three were hospitalized but are “out of danger” , according to Foreign Minister Bert Koenders.
– Belgium: two Belgians were hospitalized, including one in serious condition, according to Belgian Foreign Minister Didier Reynders.
– Romania: two Romanians 33 and 42 have been injured and are in stable condition. Another slightly injured Romanian has already left the hospital.
– Asia: two Taiwanese were “seriously injured” . A citizen of Hong Kong slightly injured has already left the hospital.
– Russia: A Russian woman was “slightly injured” and treated on site without being hospitalized, according to the Russian agency for Tourism.
– Austria: Austrian was a “slightly” injured.
– Hungary: a woman was slightly injured and has already left the hospital.
– Macedonia: Macedonian one was injured and hospitalized with a broken leg, according to the Foreign Ministry in Skopje.
– Turkey: Turkish business man aged 33 was hospitalized with leg injuries. His life is not in danger.
Victim of Cambrils
Spain: a Spanish succumbed to his injuries, according to the Catalan civil protection. Five people were injured, including a policeman.