The house was already in flames when firefighters arrived …
Firefighters arrived too late and could not save the flames from destroying a house at Montignac in the Charente on Sunday 30th April.
Fifteen firefighters mobilized
Fifteen firefighters from Angouleme and Mansle were deployed, tackling thefire from two angles to control the damage reports La Charente Libre . The fire appears to have started on the first floor. The flames then spread to the attic, crossed the roof that collapsed on the floor upstairs. The garage and a pavilion wing were rescued by firefighters.
The owner of the house was able to escape from the house before help arrived. Strongly shocked, she was taken to the doctor, and the hospital of Angouleme to undergo tests.