In Vendée, the Baby had Eaten Cannabis

Local News
Baby ingested Cannabis in the Vendée region

At Saint-Jean-de-Monts, the young mother had found her eighteen months baby was limp, unresponsive. He had swallowed cannabis.

A couple was summoned before the Criminal Court of Sables d’Olonne (Vendée) in response to narcotic use. The case “could have ended badly”, as emphasized by the Attorney Gilbert Lafaye.

In July 2015, in Saint-Jean-de-Monts, the young mother finds that her baby eighteen months is soft, without reaction. The child is hospitalized in a coma. Traces of cannabis were then discovered in his urine.

Ingested cannabis at a party

The couple consume, but does not smoke in front of the child and normally puts the substance at a height. It was at a party with friends that the baby had ingested the narcotic product.  Only the narcotic consumption has been brought against the defendants.

The woman, alone at the bar, said to be a point at which consumptive this accident has raised awareness of the dangers of the product.  She has separated from her companion. She was sentenced to one month’s suspended sentence.  The man, absent, was sentenced to one month in prison.

Leave a Reply

Notify of