On Monday 10th June 2019, Carrefour and Intermarché banned two batches of mussels because of the presence of the paralyzing toxin PSP.
If you bought these mussels, do not eat them and bring them back to the stores. On Monday 10th June 2019, Intermarché and Carrefour stores are recalling a batch of mussels sold on their shelves, due to the presence of the PSP toxin, Paralytic Shellfish Poisoning.
Nausea, vertigo …
The latter causes headaches, nausea and vertigo, disruption of motor skills and speech inconsistency. There is a risk of death from paralysis of the respiratory muscles.
As stated in the UFC-Que Choisir , “the first symptoms appear within 5 to 30 minutes after the consumption of contaminated shellfish and the toxin is not destroyed by cooking.”
If you eat these mussels and have these symptoms, see a doctor as soon as possible.
The lots concerned: