Health: A Diabetes Screening Organised this Saturday at Leclerc in Châteaubriant

Local News
Overweight, low physical activity ... diabetes can occur according to several factors. (© cc search)Overweight, low physical activity ... diabetes can occur according to several factors.

An anonymous and free diabetes screening day will be held in the lobby of the Leclerc store in Châteaubriant (Loire-Atlantique), this Saturday 16th March, 2019.

The Lion’s club Châteaubriant (Loire-Atlantique) The Mea organizes, with Lider diabetes (for  Lions international dépistage et recherche diabète ) and the hospital center Châteaubriant-Nozay-Pouancé , a day of anonymous and free screening of diabetes .

It will take place on Saturday 16th March, 2019 from 9 am to 7 pm, in the Mall of the Leclerc supermarket in Châteaubriant.



The purpose of the operation is to raise awareness and alert people who may be diabetic, but who are unaware of it.

André Ribéra, Michel Moron and Bassam Salim of the Lion's Club, and Eric Manœuvrier, director of the Châteaubriant-Nozay-Pouancé Hospital Center.
André Ribéra, Michel Moron and Bassam Salim of the Lion’s Club, and Eric Manœuvrier, director of the Châteaubriant-Nozay-Pouancé Hospital Center.

Two types of diabetes exist

In France, of the four million diabetics, one million do not know it. This makes it possible to direct the screened persons towards their attending physician.

At the entrance of the mall, information on diabetes will be delivered, with the complications and the interest of early detection. The tests will be performed by health professionals at the fingertips, using single-use lancing devices and referenced automated devices.

A doctor will receive people “out of bounds” to encourage them to see their doctor , and all those who would like more advice.

Diabetes is often detected for late-stage complications, to blindness or at least eye problems, to dialysis or kidney problems, to the removal of toes or peripheral problems. Failure to regulate the level of glucose in the blood, diabetes takes two forms.

Type 1, in 10% of cases, is treated with insulin . Type 2, in the remaining 90%, for a long time unknown, evolves towards serious ocular, renal or cardiovascular complications .

500 tests scheduled for this day

Detected early, the management of diabetes is possible and the results tangible. Overweight, obesity, poor diet, sedentary lifestyle and low physical activity are the main causes of diabetes.

A Frenchman dies every 17 minutes of the consequences of his diabetes. Diabetes is the leading cause of kidney dialysis, blindness before age 65, traumatic amputation (10,000 cases per year).

The organisers have planned 500 tests, which will make the screenings throughout the day of March 16th

Health: A Diabetes Screening Organised this Saturday at Leclerc in Châteaubriant 1

(Visited 4 times, 1 visits today)

Leave a Reply

avatar
  Subscribe  
Notify of