The Palace of the Universe and Sciences of Cappelle-la-Grande (Nord), near Dunkirk, opens its doors for free, Saturday 22nd and Sunday 23rd September, 2018. Details.
Come discover the Plus, Palace of the universe and science , Cappelle-la-Grande (North) , located in the agglomeration of Dunkirk , this weekend ! On Saturday 22nd September and Sunday 23rd September, 2018 , the structure opens its doors, free, from 10 am to 5:30 pm, to celebrate the opening of the new cultural season !
On the menu this weekend, during which will be inaugurated the new exhibition of Plus, “To all tastes”, accessible to all audiences, from 6 years , and open for free visit until Wednesday 6th January, 2019.
What awaits visitors: textures, temperatures, trigeminal sensations, retro-olfaction … Those who browse the exhibition will be invited to follow the chronology of a tasting via forty experiences revealing the diversity of taste stimulations through the five senses … An infinity of flavors, interactivity, experiments and tastings to discover.
Free weekend program
As part of this weekend open to all, several events will be provided. The program :
- workshop “The 400 tastes of 3 to 6 years” , 1 hour, proposed sessions at 10:30, 14:00 and 15:30. This interactive workshop aims to highlight that understand that the taste is not limited to the simple perception of language, but appeals to all our senses;
- “Papilles en délire” animation, from the age of 8 , sessions offered at 11 am, 2 pm, 3 pm and 4 pm Do you dare to taste the far-fetched dishes presented by the animators of the Plus? ;
- animation “The Universe in odorama” sessions proposed at 11:15, 15:00 and 16:30. If cosmic objects are out of reach, astronomers deliver a vision of more and more fine and detailed, but not that … Today we can almost “feel” the Universe;
- “Station des sens” animation , sessions offered at 2:15 pm and 3:45 pm An experience that boils many of the senses;
- Planetarium sessions: 11 am, The ‘ blind the eyes of ‘ stars (from 5 years); 2 pm: Dinosaurs at dusk : the origins of flying (from 9 years old); 15 h 30: Polaris (from 7 years).
In short, what plunge visitors, young and old, in a very special world.
To find out more about the temporary exhibition, the permanent exhibition and the activities on the weekend of Saturday 22 and Sunday 23 September, visit the Plus official website .