9.30am Sunday, 8th May, a fire occurred in a house in Condé-sur-Sarthe, 3 km from Alencon. The occupant of the premises, a person aged 86, died.
“My neighbour told me there was someone inside with the fire! We rushed to our neighbours house, but the door was locked, so we broke a window to try to get in and save them, but it was too late … ”
Down the road at Condé-sur-Sarthe, neighbours of the small house located at No. 388 are in shock. The occupant of the premises passed away this morning at 9.30am, in the fire that destroyed the ground floor before spreading to the first floor.
The widow of 86 years, lived here for more than four decades. Samu was on hand, along with a dozen firefighters from Alençon and Mortagne which took two hours to fully control the fire. Police from Alencon have opened an investigation. A short circuit in a halogen lamp may be the cause of the disaster.