The Director-General of Health Jérôme Salomon said Tuesday 21st April 2020 that the number of people in serious condition fell for the 13th consecutive day.
“The circulation of the coronavirus remains at a high level. we must, therefore, remain fully mobilized, ”said Tuesday 21st April 2020 Director-General of Health Jérôme Salomon during his daily press briefing.
This is reflected in the figures for admissions to hospitalization and intensive care, which are still high, even if they are declining.
Here is what to remember about the situation in France this Tuesday 21st April 2020:
- 20,796 : the number of deaths in France since the appearance of the virus. 12,900 people died in the hospital and 7,896 died in an nursing home or a medico-social establishment.
- 531 : the number of additional deaths in the last 24 hours.
- 30,106 people are still hospitalized today, with 1,885 new admissions. The balance is negative with 498 less compared to Monday.
- 5,433 people are in serious condition in intensive care, including 190 new patients admitted but the balance is negative for the 13th consecutive day with 250 fewer patients.
- 39,181 people have been able to return home after hospitalization to date, 831 more in 24 hours.
- 117,324 : this is the total number of cases confirmed to date. More than 83,000 patients have been treated since the start of the epidemic.
Detailed protocol of visits to Ehpad
Regarding confinement in nursing homes, Jérôme Salomon confirmed that conditions will be relaxed to allow visits by relatives. A national protocol was published today to specify the conditions. “It is up to the directors of the establishments to decide on the measures applicable locally, in coordination with the doctors. ”
In addition, the Director-General of Health announced that for all caregivers, the Coronavirus Covid-19 disease will be recognized as an occupational disease automatically, which allows 100% coverage of medical expenses and payment of compensation in the event of temporary or permanent incapacity.
Back to school by class, number of students… Jean-Michel Blanquer details the plans for returning to school
This Tuesday 21st April 2020, the Minister of Education presented the plans being considered, with the aim of reopening the schools from May 11, the start of deconfinement.
Read More: Back to school by class, number of students… Jean-Michel Blanquer details the plans for returning to school
Covid-19: 5.7% of French people will have been infected by May 11, estimates the Institut Pasteur
3.7 million people will have contracted the coronavirus in France by May 11. Men are also more likely to be infected than women.
Read More: Covid-19: 5.7% of French people will have been infected by May 11, estimates the Institut Pasteur
Coronavirus: food supplements could disturb immune defences
ANSES warns that certain food supplements, notably those based on plants with anti-inflammatory properties, can disturb immune defenses allowing to fight against infections, including Covid 19.
Coronavirus: construction of a factory in Ile-de-France to manufacture 500,000 masks per day
A factory will be built in Blanc-Mesnil (Seine-Saint-Denis) to manufacture masks for Ile-de-France. This factory will be built in a few days.
Read More: Coronavirus: construction of a factory in Ile-de-France to manufacture 500,000 masks per day