On Monday 9th September 2019, Health Minister Agnès Buzyn detailed a vast plan for emergency services on strike for almost six months,
Accused by the unprecedented strike affecting the emergency services for nearly six months, the Minister of Health Agnès Buzyn detailed Monday 9th September 2019 a “refoundation pact” of 750 million euros over three years, but not providing for the beds and additional staff claimed by the strikers.
Creation of a “service of access to care”, 50 new medical homes on duty, reform of emergency financing … some new features were among the dozen measures unveiled Monday by the Minister.
✅ Inventer des organisations modernes,
✅Soutenir les professionnels de santé,
✅Améliorer les soins pour tous dans notre pays. pic.twitter.com/6rGCI0wnC8
— Ministère des Solidarités et de la Santé (@MinSoliSante) 9 September 2019
A first salvo was announced last week: “direct admission” of the elderly without going through emergencies, “video-assistance” between the Ehpad and the regulators of Samu, or sending an ambulance to a liberal doctor for the less serious cases.
“The time is no longer the report but the solutions,” said the minister to the press after her meeting with representatives of hospital staff and leaders, unions of liberal doctors and collective Inter-Emergency, at the origin of the strike.
In total, between 2019 and 2022, “more than 750 million euros” will be devoted to this plan to relieve emergencies by relying more on urban medicine and speeding up care.
Urgences : l’heure est aux solutions.
Professionnels de santé, patients : chacun doit pouvoir trouver sa place dans un système de santé d’avenir, car chacun détient sa part de solutions – c’est le but du plan d’actions pour les urgences que je présente aujourd’hui.
— Agnès Buzyn (@agnesbuzyn) 9 September 2019
“By including the 70 million delegates from July 2019 to finance the emergency premium” and the summer reinforcements announced in June by the Minister, as well as certain measures of the “Ma Santé 2022” plan, the effort amounts to more than a billion euro, summed up the minister.
But this sum, drawn from the existing credits, will not lead to the increase in budget devoted to health demanded by the strikers.
“Access to Care Service”
There is “nothing on the beds, nothing on the posts”, immediately regretted Hugo Huon, president of the collective Inter-Emergency. Not to mention the wage demands, also at the heart of the claims.
“Before opening beds I would like to optimize (their) management” within regional hospital groupings, explained the minister, who does not rule out a second step if the proposed solutions prove “insufficient”.
In the immediate future, she prefers to focus on the implementation, by the summer of 2020, of an access to care service (SAS).
Online or by phone, 24 hours a day, this service will refer patients to a city consultation or teleconsultation or to emergencies, possibly via an ambulance.
A “two months” consultation will open between private doctors, hospital professionals and firefighters, the minister said, without deciding on the implementation of a single emergency number to replace existing numbers (15, 18). , 112, 116-117). A debate that has been going on for years.
” We dream! We already have a hard time running what exists, we can not find an agreement (…) to work the firefighters and doctors, “was annoyed Patrick Pelloux, president of the association of emergency doctors from France (Amuf) on RTL.
A premium of 100 euros net per month
Among the measures detailed Monday, the reform of emergency financing in 2021, in particular, to reduce the decried pricing activity to the benefit of a lump sum dependent on the population in particular.
Measures are also planned to limit the costly use of temporary workers.
A monthly net premium of EUR 100 will also be paid to medical regulatory assistants from November, announced Buzyn.
“Denial of the paramedical professions”
A treatment intended to limit the saturation of services whose attendance has more than doubled in twenty years, reaching 21.4 million passages in 2017.
But not enough to satisfy Hugo Huon. The minister “completely refuses to upgrade care professions, there is such a denial of paramedical professions, it’s pretty crazy,” he told AFP. Recalling that the collective must meet Tuesday in the General Assembly, he said that “people are very sceptical” on these ads.
According to Inter-Emergency, 249 sites were on strike Friday – while continuing to provide care. The ministry had counted 195 mid-August, half of the French public emergency services.
Several unions and hospital-physician associations have invited practitioners “to join the mobilization” to “put an end to the budget restrictions for the public hospital”.
The CGT announced Monday night that it maintains its call to demonstrate Wednesday.