Wednesday 1st May, 2019 is a holiday. If many shops or services close for Labour Day, others open their doors in Toulouse.
Who says 1st of May, said Labor Day . Passers-by will be able to stroll in the parks and gardens of Toulouse . Others will be able to afford lily of the valley.
While strolling in the Pink City, the walkers will realize that many businesses will be closed. But some will continue to work. Do you have shopping to do? Here are the main shops and services that will remain open and those that will be closed on Toulouse.
- Leclerc hypermarkets in Roques, Blagnac, Saint-Orens and Rouffiac-Tolosan will be closed
- The Auchan Gramont shopping center will also be closed
- Carrefour hypermarkets in Purpan, Portet and Labège will be closed, and all Carrefour markets will be closed
- Galerie Espaces Fenouillet and the Géant hypermarket will also be closed
- The Giant Casino de Basso Cambo will be closed
- The shopping center of the Hippodrome will be closed
- The Carrefour Portet shopping center will be closed
- Several neighborhood Casino supermarkets will be closed, in Toulouse, as the Minimes Avenue Honore Serres and Bonnefoy . Only the casino Toulouse Demoiselles will be open from 6h to 00h.
- The Espace Saint Georges and its Casino will be closed.
- The Compans-Caffarelli shopping center will be closed.
- The Nailloux Outlet Village will be closed.
The big DIY and gardening signs
For DIY enthusiasts, Bricomarché de Compans-Caffarelli (9am to 8pm), Saint-Lys (9am to midday and 2pm to 7pm), Montgiscard (9am to midday and 2pm to 7pm), Launaguet (9am to midday and 2pm to 7pm) will greet customers. On the other hand, those of Cornebarieu and Ramonville-Saint-Agne , as well as all the Castorama (Union, Blagnac, Saint-Orens), the Leroy Merlin (Balma, Roques, Colomiers) and the Alinea (Blagnac, Saint-Orens) of the metropolis will be closed.
While lily of the valley will be in the spotlight on Wednesday 1st May, most of the garden centers in Toulouse will be open. The Truffaut signs of Colomiers (10am to 7.30pm), Balma (10am to 12.30pm and 2pm to 7pm) and Toulouse center (10.30am to 6.30pm) will be opened.
The Jardiland de Portet-sur-Garonne (9.30am to 12 noon – 2.30pm to 7pm), the Union (10am to 12.30pm, 2.30pm to 7pm ) and Toulouse Montaudran (9.30am to 12.30pm, 2pm to 6.30pm) will also be open.
The Botanic of Blagnac (10 am-19 pm) will also be open, like that of Labège (10am to 12.30pm and 2.30pm to 7pm).
Major cultural and textile brands
The Cultura Balma store will be open from 9am to 8pm, just like those in Portet-sur-Garonne and Labège .
The Fnac Toulouse Wilson Joan of Arc, and Labège will be exceptionally closed, and Galeries Lafayette .
Uniqlo (Blagnac and Capitole) and Primark will close.
Leisure and sports
The Cité de l’Espace will be open normally from 10am to 6pm. The Cultura sign , the Museum and the Augustins Museum are all closed .
The pools , ice rinks , tennis courts and Basque pelota are all closed :
- Toulouse-Lautrec swimming pool
- The swimming pool Léo-Lagrange
- Basque pelota Argoulets
- Tennis, pool and ice rink Bellevue
- Tennis Twin-Deck
- Tennis Argoulets
- Swimming pool and skating rink of the Jany complex
- Swimming pool Nakache
- Swimming pool Jean-Boiteux
- Pool Papus
- Pool Pech-David
- Sesquières Tennis
Around Toulouse, Caliceo, the aqua fitness area at L’Union, will be open from 10 am to 9 pm.
Note that other sports facilities are closed Wednesday 1st May. In contrast, the parks and gardens are all open.
You can enjoy outdoor walks, because the entire network Tisséo (metro, tram, bus, shuttle, TAD) will be stopped.
The dentists on 9am to 1pm and 3pm to 7pm are Dr. Julie Pescheux ( 37, avenue du Languedoc 31470 Saint Lys ) and Dr. Julian Dhenain ( 125, rue Louis Plana 31500 Toulouse ). SOS Doctors Toulouse (76 Allée Jean Jaurès, 31000 Toulouse) and SOS Médecins 31 (24 rue d’Espagne, 31100 Toulouse) are open.
Services of the prefecture and town hall
The Toulouse town hall and the prefecture close Wednesday 1st May. A permanence is organized only for the declaration of death , 1 rue de l’Abbé Jules Lemire, from 8:30am to 5pm.
The office of the administrative formalities of the Capitol, as well as all the town halls and houses of the citizenship close.
Waste disposal and waste collection
All the dump sites including the one in Blagnac, will be closed . The evening collection of household garbage will be provided normally in the city center, from 7pm .
The collection of restaurants in the very center of town will be available the morning of 1st May from 5am. The catch-up of garbage collection will be the day after Labor Day: Thursday 2nd May.