Nice, the town that has so much natural light … Capital of the Côte d’Azur, Nice is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world.
Its assets are many: its geographical location between the Mediterranean Sea and mountains, just a few kilometers from the Italian border, the mildness of its climate, its exceptional brightness, the diversity of its landscapes, its beaches with azure waters.
City of history, culture, art, creation, events, leisure, nature, sweetness, taste, Nice cultivates the charm of its difference by offering a range of countless visits and activities.
Take advantage of your stay to browse the collections of twenty or so museums and galleries and the creations of Matisse, Chagall, or those of the art movement of the Ecole de Nice.
For your cultural and leisure visits, adopt the French Riviera Pass , a real sesame that will facilitate the progress of your stay and will offer you many benefits.
Come discover or rediscover Nice, a city with many scents and flavors: flower markets, markets with vegetables and fruits, fish.
The old town with its typical narrow streets and “piazzettas” still holds many other treasures. Urban, cultural, seaside or gastronomic explorations are all proposals for a stay rich in emotions.
The essentials of Nice
- The castle hill where you will enjoy an exceptional view of the Bay of Angels, the roofs of the Old Town and the Southern Prealps.
- The discovery of the riches of Old Nice: its narrow and lively streets, its history, its Baroque churches and colorful markets.
- The Promenade des Anglais and its 7 kilometers of beach. This is the image of Nice around the world and the rendezvous of joggers, cyclists and walkers.
- The Quai des Etats-Unis and the lively Port district, which represents one of the largest concentration of antique shops in France.
- The museums of Nice Matisse Museum, Chagall Museum, MAMAC, Museum of Asian Arts. Nice Grand Tour Nice tour from the imperial of a double-decker bus.
- Place Masséna redeveloped with seven statues that light up as soon as night falls.
- The visit of the vineyard of Bellet whose plantation goes back to the time of Marseille’s Marseille Foundation .
- The 15 family farms offer individual visits by appointment, with tasting (to consume with moderation).
- Sea trips to the Marine Mammal Sanctuary, which covers the highest density area in the western Mediterranean: it hosts at least 2,000 whales and 25,000 dolphins in the summer.
- The Carnival and the Flower Battles are the main events of the Côte d’Azur in winter. They take place every year in February.
Visit the city with the French Riviera Pass
The best of the French Riviera in a single map! Make your stay easier thanks to the ” RIVIERA PASS “: many advantages in shops, restaurants and many service providers in Nice and in partner cities.
For the holders of the French Riviera Pass (citycard) the museums are accessible free of charge. Included in your 24h pass, 48h or 72h, a privilege card that includes for the duration of its validity:
Unlimited access to the commented circuit ” Nice le Grand Tour ” (Panoramic panoramic bus) entries in major sites of the Côte d’Azur thematic guided tours a notebook of about thirty original and selective addresses (shops, restaurants, leisures, artists’ studios) where you will benefit from exclusive advantages (gifts, discounts) a practical guide to optimize your stay
Come to Nice
By train: TGV Méditerranée: Paris Nice in 5h25 – Express and fast trains: daily connections linking Nice to 20 French cities and to all major cities in Europe.
By plane: Nice-Côte d’Azur International Airport connecting 100 destinations from around 30 countries. More than 40 “Low-Cost” companies serve Nice.
Tourist and Convention Center
5, Promenade des Anglais