Safety of the competition is much discussed after the terrorist attacks on the Belgian capital …
Prime Minister Manuel Valls dismissed Wednesday on Europe 1 cancellation of the Euro 2016 football (June 10 July 10) in France, as it would represent “a defeat” and “a victory” left to the terrorists.
“No, that would be a defeat, it would give a victory to the terrorists. It takes these sporting events. The condition is that they can be held in the best conditions, “stressed the Prime Minister, in response to the question from a listener wondering if we could keep the Euro 2016 in the current context related terrorism, or that of another auditor in the Paris marathon.
— Europe 1 (@Europe1) March 23, 2016
With the Cop 21 Climate on at the end of last year, France has “demonstrated” that it could “host major events.” “And we will continue to do this,” said Manuel Valls.
The Secretary of State for Sports Thierry Braillard also assured Wednesday that Euro 2016 “will not be postponed or cancelled”. “We have been saying for several months, the terrorist threat was incorporated into our thinking from the beginning” and to “cancel or postpone the European Football Championship, it would give reason for these cowards,” the minister said in an interview to L’Equipe .
Mr. Braillard added that “in these times, do not add fear to fear.” “We can not do better in terms of security for the Euro 2016 football tournament”. On Tuesday, the president of the French Football Federation (FFF), Christmas Graët, had supported the view that Euro 2016 was not in danger. “There is never zero risk, but in any case there is a commitment of the State, the Federation and UEFA, the organizers received very pleasant and safe” two million who will travel to France on the occasion, stressed Mr. Graët.